Duncansville, PA
Blazin Marshmallow Offline OP
Forums Admin
Blazin Marshmallow  Offline OP
Forums Admin
Here for The Week

Duncansville, PA
This story is inspiring:
I met this man at the gym while working out using Kettlebells tonight. Kettlebell exersises are amazing and you can build some muscles you didnt think you had using them.

Well this guy is from the cresson, PA area and grew up in PA. His story is pretty neat and i thought i would share it here since he is in the gym trying to get into shape. He juggles all over the place (kennywood, Idlewild, etc.). He calls himself Jock-ular-Juggler and he really impressed me. I happened to find him on youtube and posted some links of his talent here for everyone to enjoy.

He is part of the international Juggling association. I did not know there was such an organization. He will be performing comedy and Juggling shows at Idlewild also this year and he will be attending the world juggling conference in Reno, Nevada later this summer. Way to go Juggling Comedian! thanks for sharing this with me.

If he happens to find this in yahoo, google search or bing, i hope he logs in and creates a user name and comments on this post. Thanks again Jock-Ular-Juggler for sharing.

Story from People.com:
Bob Nickerson, the Round Man of Roundball, Shows Off His Degree as the Doctor of DribbleWant to watch professional juggler Bob Nickerson at work? Just follow the bouncing balls. In the spirit of showmanship, Nickerson, 45, bills himself as the "world's greatest basketball dribbler" and is certainly the most prolific. He has a repertoire of 83 tricks while dribbling three basketballs simultaneously and 13 tricks while dribbling four. "When it works, it feels like nothing else on earth," Nickerson says. "Your hands become automatic and you get lost in the beat."

Nickerson, a former Marine, started juggling and dribbling 12 years ago to develop eye-hand coordination for martial arts and to stimulate his 3-year-old daughter, Cassandra, who has Down syndrome. He and his wife, Carolyn, a former Navy nurse, live with their three daughters in a mobile home on 25 wooded acres in Asheville, Pa. But Dr. Dribble, as he calls himself, spends about 200 days a year on the road. He has performed at the White House, the Basketball Hall of Fame and Madison Square Garden, as well as at innumerable festivals honoring various crops. ("You name it, and there's a festival for it," he says.) He's no Globetrotter though. "I'm short and fat," he admits, sweat dripping off his nose. "This would be easier if only my arms were six inches longer."

Semper Fidelis Bob! Thank you for this..marine.
Links:
Juggling 3 Kettlebells
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuJA1yfyx4g

Bounch Juggling Tricks:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrDzOLvYMmg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jozac1fsw

Last edited by Blazin Marshmallow; 06/09/10 01:26 AM.

Welcome to CampingPA.com
We are happy you are here with us!

blazin

Re: Jock-Ular-Juggler [Re: Blazin Marshmallow] #3790
06/10/10 12:55 AM
06/10/10 12:55 AM
Altoona, PA
M
My Downs Girl Offline
Overnight Camper
My Downs Girl  Offline
Overnight Camper
M

Altoona, PA
Incredible. God gives us all special talents...some discover it and some don't. When I became the mother of twins (each special in their own way [son ADHD/daughter Down Syndrome]) God gave me patience. He has since taken it away. What's up with that?? LOL

I'd love to meet his family sometime...simply for the fact that we have something in common - a daughter with Down Syndrome. Our girls look to be pretty close in age (if she was 3 when he started 12 years ago, makes her a year older than Rachel.)

Once you perfect the art of looking innocent, you can get away with almost anything!
Re: Jock-Ular-Juggler [Re: My Downs Girl] #3791
06/10/10 02:55 AM
06/10/10 02:55 AM
Duncansville, PA
Blazin Marshmallow Offline OP
Forums Admin
Blazin Marshmallow  Offline OP
Forums Admin
Here for The Week

Duncansville, PA
thats awesome, i hope he gets on here...you must be so strong for all you have been through.

Welcome to CampingPA.com
We are happy you are here with us!

blazin

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Advert
FREE Stickers - Get Other CPA Gear Here !

Just hot off the press

Check it out!

Click For More Info
ALSO - Check out our new Interactive Campgrounds Map
ShoutChat Box
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1 guest and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
howorld, opqrst975910, Dmrgnester, steved26, hankyk
1142 Registered Users
Upcoming events
Random Pictures
Forum Statistics
Forums98
Topics8,581
Posts18,396
Members1,142
Most Online579