CampingPA.com

Pancake AWESOME Idea!

Posted By: Becka03

Pancake AWESOME Idea! - 10/11/12 01:11 PM

Okay- I use a from scratch pancake mix- I can post the recipe if you want- but this is an excellent fast idea to keep it on hand to take camping! No mess as far as I can see!
Prepare pancake mix as stated on the box. Then pour all the batter into a large ziploc bag and freeze! Once you are ready to use it, take it out of the freezer to thaw, snip off a corner of the bag, and you have quick & mess free pancake mix!
Here is a picture:
Pankcake mix in a ziplock bag
Posted By: Melisanne

Re: Pancake AWESOME Idea! - 10/26/12 11:42 PM

What a great idea! That saves all the mess of making the mix and having to clean out bowls. Pancakes and bacon is always our camping breakfast. I will definately be doing this next year. Thanks for the tip!!
Posted By: mikhen

Re: Pancake AWESOME Idea! - 10/26/12 11:58 PM

Let me add, if you pour it into a pie iron, and cook like a mountain pie, all you have to clean is the pie iron.
Posted By: pyromug

Re: Pancake AWESOME Idea! - 10/27/12 02:24 AM

That is an awesome idea! If your mountain pie maker is well seasoned it only takes a paper towel to clean it out!
Posted By: Becka03

Re: Pancake AWESOME Idea! - 10/29/12 07:09 PM

Good idea - never thought to make it in the pie iron- we have a cast iron Wagner Griddle- which is huge... and we used it last time we camped- last weekend- it was awesome to cook on and easy to clean- I bet the kids would love using the pie iron though!
© 2019 CampingPA, your online camping family